As we are all aware of this term and its benefits in the long run. This complete body workout regime has been around ages with effects known to everybody. A multitude of internal and external health benefits relates to different forms of running. A huge advantage of running is that it requires less equipment and can be done practically anywhere. Keeping the comfort and injury prevention in mind, an important factor or an investment that can’t be ignored is purchasing right type of running shoes.
How to Start?
Running is definitely challenging initially but it will wither off eventually. Plan your running and in the beginning don’t just start too fast or too long as you might prone yourself to an injury. Thus, a proper method is crucial to reap desirable benefits. So make a plan and hit the path.
Quoted by famous runner George Sheehan, “It’s very hard to understand in the beginning that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit.”
As a beginner, the best way to get into running is start slow with appropriate warm and stretching sessions. Then down the line, as you get more comfortable and confident, gradually move onto more advanced types of running methods.
In one line you can sum up the approach of running by a quote from Tyson Gay: “It’s all about training smart.”
Related: Tips that helps you Run Extra Miles
Types of Running
These are about 100m running accelerations for about 30 seconds that start with a slow jog, eventually increasing your speed to roughly 80 -90% and finally slow down to a complete stop. Keep in mind that these should be consistent in terms of distance and pace done at regular intervals in a week. Now, striding doesn’t require a lot of effort hence making it easier for most people to get accustomed to this form of running.
Benefits of Strides:
- Help you run faster
- Improve and train legs for more rigorous training
- Increased coordination of body mechanics
- Fast Sprinting-Short Distance Running
If you’re thinking about improving your physical condition, then fast sprint training should a part of your running schedule. The reason being, this is one of the best cardio-vascular and muscle building regime. So many people prefer this style in achieving good results in short duration of training.
Benefits of Sprint Training:
- Excess post exercise oxygen consumption (epoc): A great benefit that anybody attains through sprinting is that body continues to burn calories to bring the body back to its normal state. Since it requires a human body to match the oxygen intake that leads to better pumping of blood by heart and maintains the balance.
- Builds mental toughness: It is a challenging workout and it is crucial not to let your confidence break as you push yourself through the discomfort it creates while running hard. Eventually this leads to a feeling of more confidence and achievement.
- Fat loss: This is another significant benefit that is parallel to sprint regime as this being one of the most successful body conditioning exercises. The reason being the anaerobic cycle that leads to losing body that includes fat and water weight of the body.
- Boosts testosterone levels in both men and women in order to maintain energy and adding more muscle.
- Strengthens and improves whole body form.
- Boosts metabolism and increases growth hormones naturally.
- Slow jogging
On the contrary to running or sprinting, this form is suitable for those who want to maintain health and fitness on a general level. And you still stay fit by running between 5-20 minutes a day. It may seem less yet benefits by burning calories on a daily level without putting strain on the muscles and joints.
Whether you’re jogging for fun or to run marathon, this fitness routine will definitely boost your confidence and endurance.
As in relation to long distance jogging, a constant pace and ability to sustain a rhythm is crucial. It is not everyone’s cup of tea but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it. It takes determination and focus to reach the end point.
Benefits of jogging:
- Boost confidence
- Reduce anxiety and stress levels
- Improved heart and lung function
- Weight maintenance
Drawbacks Of Running
As much as it has tremendous benefits of on your health, it comes with a little drawbacks too.
- As you run, with each stride you put huge pressure on your knees and ankles. This can be a cause of damage for the joints of your lower body.
- Your body is more prone to some health issues like shin splints, runners knee or plantar fasciitis with extensive running routine.
- Pressure on cardio vascular organs. While increasing your running pace, there is a respective increase in blood and oxygen supply to the body. Heart has to function harder to meet the demands.
- In some cases, running fast to match up the pace of co-runners builds up a physical and psychological pressure on the minds of runners.